Europétrole, le portail de l'industrie du pétrole
 accueil | actualité française | actualité internationale | recherche | interviews | focus | actualité par entreprise | actualité pétrole/gaz de schiste 
Partager :

 Talisman Energy and Ecopetrol Agree to Acquire BP Exploration Company (Colombia) Limited
Talisman Energy Inc. (TSX:TLM) (NYSE:TLM) and Ecopetrol S.A. have agreed to acquire BP Exploration Company (Colombia) Limited. Talisman will complete its transaction through an indirect wholly owned subsidiary.

Talisman and Ecopetrol have reached an agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of BP Exploration Company (Colombia) Limited (BPXC), an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of BP plc, for total cash consideration of US$1.9 billion, which includes a working capital adjustment, estimated at approximately US$145 million. Under the terms of the transaction, Talisman will acquire a 49% interest in BPXC for US$858 million (excluding its share of working capital), while Ecopetrol will take the remaining 51% interest. The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2010, subject to Colombian and US regulatory approval and other customary conditions.

"This is an exciting opportunity and an excellent fit with Talisman's strategy of long-term profitable growth," said John A. Manzoni, President & CEO. "These are tremendous assets that our team knows well. They are attractively priced, with excellent running room and we are partnering with the pre-eminent oil and gas company in Colombia.

"Talisman and Ecopetrol are currently partners in several blocks in Colombia and Peru. This acquisition of BPXC by Talisman and Ecopetrol is the most significant business transaction that the two companies have undertaken jointly to date. Talisman is looking forward to building on this strategic relationship between our two companies.

"Completion of this transaction will accelerate our objective of building a material core area in Latin America, with target production of at least 50,000 boe/d. This will add another oil weighted producing area to our asset mix. The acquisition provides over 12,000 boe/d of production net to Talisman, plus immediate cash flow which will fund the expected short-term exploration and development opportunities we see on this acreage.

"This acquisition builds on Talisman's large acreage position in Colombia, in close proximity to our Niscota Block, where we have announced a significant discovery with the Huron well. The acquisition also adds an ownership position in strategic infrastructure which provides a key competitive advantage. The size of the deal is very manageable for Talisman and allows us to preserve a strong balance sheet and maintain spending flexibility."

Origine : Communiqué Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc.

Voir la fiche entreprise de "Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc."

Les dernières news de "Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc."

Rechercher une news

française internationale

Les dernières news internationales

>> Toute l'actualité internationale     >> RSS
Recherche de news par tags

abu-dhabi acquisition adnoc aker-bp aker-solutions algeria algerie algerie alstom anadarko angola apache australia axens baker-hughes bechtel bg-group bp brazil canada carburant cbi cgg cheniere chevron china cnooc cnpc co2 commission-europeenne compressor conocophillips consommation cpdp deepwater discovery drilling e-on edf egypt engie engineering eni equinor equinor exxonmobil feed flng fluor fluxys foster-wheeler fpso france fsru fugro gabon gas gaz gazprom gazprom-neft gdf-suez ge germany gnl gtt gulf-of-mexico guyana hess hydrogen india indonesia inpex iraq italy kbr keppel licence lng lukoil lundin maersk-drilling malaysia mcdermott methanier mexico mozambique natural-gas neptune-energy nigeria nigeria north-sea norway novatek offshore oman omv opec pemex petrobras petrofac petronas pgnig pipeline platform poland production qatar qatar-petroleum qatargas raffinerie refinery repsol rig riser rosneft russia rwe saipem santos saudi-arabia saudi-aramco schlumberger seismic selling senegal shale-gas shell socar sonatrach statoil subsea subsea-7 survey technip technipfmc texas total totalenergies tullow turbine uae ufip uk us vopak well wintershall wintershall-dea wood-group woodside

Europétrole © 2003 - 2023