Newsletter 
  INSCRIPTION Inscription | ESPACE ANNONCEURS Publicité | CONTACT Contact |PLAN DU SITE Plan


Europétrole, le portail de l'industrie du pétrole
 
 accueil | actualité française | actualité internationale | recherche | interviews | focus | actualité par entreprise | actualité pétrole/gaz de schiste 
Partager :

  • QatarEnergy selects Eni as the second partner in the North Field East expansion project
    édité le 20/06/2022 - Plus de news de "QatarEnergy" - Voir la fiche entreprise de "QatarEnergy"


QatarEnergy selects Eni as the second partner in the North Field East expansion project
QatarEnergy announced that it has selected Eni as a partner in the North Field East (NFE) expansion project, the single largest project in the history of the LNG industry.

This announcement marks the second partnership in the $28.75 billion NFE mega project, which will expand Qatar’s LNG production capacity from the current 77 million tons per annum (MTPA) to 110 MTPA.

The partnership agreement was signed in a special ceremony at QatarEnergy’s headquarters in Doha by His Excellency Mr. Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, the Minister of State for Energy Affairs, the President and CEO of QatarEnergy, and Mr. Claudio Descalzi, the CEO of Eni, in the presence of senior executives from both companies.

Pursuant to the agreement, QatarEnergy and Eni will become partners in a new joint venture company (JV), in which QatarEnergy will hold a 75% interest while Eni will hold the remaining 25% interest.

The JV will in turn own 12.5% of the entire NFE project, whose 4 mega LNG trains have a combined nameplate capacity of 32 MTPA.

In his remarks during the ceremony, His Excellency Minister Al-Kaabi highlighted QatarEnergy’s relations with Eni, welcomed this new partnership, saying: “I would like to welcome Eni as a new member of Qatar’s LNG family. This agreement will strengthen our mutual cooperation for decades to come. It is an important addition to a series of partnerships with Eni, which include upstream exploration projects in a number of locations around the world as QatarEnergy expands its international footprint.”

His Excellency Minister Al-Kaabi added: “I would like to thank His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani for His wise leadership and for his unwavering support to Qatar’s energy sector.”

This is Eni’s first entry ever into the State of Qatar’s upstream sector.

On his part, Mr. Descalzi said: "We are honored and delighted for having been selected as partner in the North Field East expansion project. As a newcomer joining this world leading LNG project, we feel the privilege and the responsibility of being a strategic partner of choice for the State of Qatar. This agreement is a significant milestone for Eni and fits our objective to diversify into cleaner and more reliable energy sources in line with our decarbonization strategy. Eni looks forward to working with QatarEnergy on this project to positively contribute to increasing worldwide gas security of supply.”

More partners are slated to join the NFE Project, and the relevant announcements will be made soon.

About Qatar Energy

As a fully integrated energy corporation, Qatar Energy covers the full spectrum of the oil and gas value chain – from exploration to production, from processing and refining to sales and delivery.
As stewards of Qatar's natural resources and the world's largest provider of LNG, our strength rests in our ready access to Qatar's unique reserves to provide energy that fuels social and economic prosperity.

About Eni

Eni is an integrated energy company employing more than 34.000 people in 69 countries in the world. Eni engages in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as in the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity and fuels. Through refineries and chemical plants, Eni processes crude oil and other oil-based feedstock to produce fuels, lubricants and chemical products that are supplied to wholesalers or through retail networks or distributors.


Origine : Communiqué QatarEnergy

Voir la fiche entreprise de "QatarEnergy"



Les dernières news de "QatarEnergy"



Toutes les news de "QatarEnergy"
 
 
 
Emploi-Pétrole
 
Rechercher une news



française internationale








 
Les dernières news internationales


>> Toute l'actualité internationale     >> RSS
 



Europétrole © 2003 - 2024