Europétrole, le portail de l'industrie du pétrole
 accueil | actualité française | actualité internationale | recherche | interviews | focus | actualité par entreprise | actualité pétrole/gaz de schiste 
Partager :

  • Petrobras on the sale of the Albacora Leste field
    édité le 28/04/2022 - Plus de news de "PETROBRAS" - Voir la fiche entreprise de "PETROBRAS"

Petrobras on the sale of the Albacora Leste field
Petrobras informs that its Board of Directors, in a meeting held today, approved the sale of all its interest in the Albacora Leste concession, located predominantly in deep waters in the Campos Basin, to the company Petro Rio Jaguar Petróleo LTDA. (PetroRio), a subsidiary of Petro Rio S.A. The signing of the purchase and sale agreement and the subsequent steps will be disclosed to the market in due course.

The total amount of the sale is up to US$ 2.20 billion, of which (a) US$ 292.7 million will be paid on the contract execution date; (b) US$ 1.66 billion at the closing of the transaction and (c) up to US$ 250 million in contingent payments, depending on future Brent quotations. The amounts do not consider adjustments due until the closing of the transaction, which is subject to compliance with certain precedent conditions, such as the non-exercise of the right of first refusal by the current consortium member Repsol Sinopec Brasil, the approval by the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) and by the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP).

This disclosure is in accordance with Petrobras' internal rules and the provisions of the special procedure for the assignment of rights of exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other fluid hydrocarbons, provided for in Decree 9,355/2018.

This transaction is in line with the company's portfolio management strategy and the improved allocation of its capital, aiming to maximize value and provide greater return to society. Petrobras continues to increasingly concentrate its resources on assets that have shown great competitive edge over the years, with lower greenhouse gas emissions.

About Albacora Leste

The Albacora Leste field has an area of 511.56 km2 and is located in the northern area of the Campos Basin, in water depths ranging from 1,000 to 2,150 m, at a distance of about 120 km from Cabo de São Tomé. The average daily production of Albacora Leste from January to March 2022 was 25.4 thousand barrels of oil per day and 615.3 thousand m3/day of gas. Petrobras is the field operator with a 90% stake and the remaining 10% belong to Repsol Sinopec Brasil.

About Petrobras

Petrobras has upwards of 100 production platforms, 16 refineries, 30,000 kilometers of pipelines and more than 6,000 service stations. Our proved reserves are around 14 billion barrels of oil, a figure expected to double in the next few years. With the discovery of oil and gas in the pre-salt region, Brazil may become the world's fourth biggest oil producer in 2030.

We have built a track record of overcoming challenges since 1953, when the company was created. The main one was developing technology to explore and produce oil in deep and ultra-deep waters, where upwards of 90% of our reserves are nestled. With innovation and daringness, we are now the Brazilian company that makes the applies for the most patents in Brazil and abroad.

About PetroRio

Petro Rio Jaguar Petróleo Ltda (PetroRio) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PetroRio S.A.. PetroRio is the largest independent oil and gas company in Brazil, focusing on the acquisition, redevelopment and efficient and safe operation of mature fields, with operations concentrated in the Campos Basin.

Origine : Communiqué PETROBRAS

Voir la fiche entreprise de "PETROBRAS"

Les dernières news de "PETROBRAS"

Toutes les news de "PETROBRAS"
Rechercher une news

française internationale

Les dernières news internationales

>> Toute l'actualité internationale     >> RSS

Europétrole © 2003 - 2024