Newsletter 
  INSCRIPTION Inscription | ESPACE ANNONCEURS Publicité | CONTACT Contact |PLAN DU SITE Plan


Europétrole, le portail de l'industrie du pétrole
 
 accueil | actualité française | actualité internationale | recherche | interviews | focus | actualité par entreprise | actualité pétrole/gaz de schiste 
Partager :

  • PA RESOURCES awarded large license on GREENLAND
    édité le 27/05/2008 - Plus de news de "PA Resources" - Voir la fiche entreprise de "PA Resources"


PA RESOURCES awarded large license on GREENLAND
PA Resources has been awarded shares in an exploration license in Block 8 offshore Western Greenland. The Group hereby expands its operations into a new area with great potential.

The oil- and gas group PA Resources has been awarded shares in a license for exploration of oil and gas in Western Greenland by the Greenlandic self-governing authorities and the Danish Government. The awarded area, West Disko Block 8, is situated offshore in the Disko-Nuussuaq region in Western Greenland and covers an area of approximately 11,100 km2. PA Resources’ license share amounts to 87.5 percent and the group is operator of the license. Greenland’s public oil company Nunaoil A/S has been awarded the remaining 12.5 percent of the license. Nunaoil was established in 1985 and owns shares in all exploration licenses on Greenland.

This license award means that PA Resources expands its operations into one of the largest areas in the world that still remain to be explored for oil and gas.

- The license in Block 8 represents a great possibility for us. PA Resources expands its exploration activities into a new, exciting area with a very high potential, says Ulrik Jansson, President and CEO at PA Resources AB.

Geological data from the area show that the bedrock in the area is very favourable for the presence of oil and gas. West Disko Block 8 is situated close to an area with natural oil seeps to the surface. Recent evaluation of seismic data, in combination with magnetic and gravity data, indicate the presence of deep basins with some giant structures in the region, which is considered very promising with regard to generation, migration and trapping of hydrocarbons.

PA Resources and its partner Nunaoil will now begin an extensive work program in the Disko West area, where the companies will assemble 4,000 kilometres of two-dimensional seismic data, potentially followed by three-dimensional seismic data as well as other geophysical data during the initial period. After this the two companies will decide on how to continue with exploration drillings in the area.


Origine : Communiqué PA Resources

Voir la fiche entreprise de "PA Resources"



Les dernières news de "PA Resources"

 
 
Emploi-Pétrole
 
Rechercher une news



française internationale








 
Les dernières news internationales


>> Toute l'actualité internationale     >> RSS
 
Recherche de news par tags

abu-dhabi adnoc aker-solutions algeria alstom amec anadarko angola apache australia axens azerbaijan baker-hughes barents-sea bechtel bg-group bp brazil canada carburant cbi centrica cgg chevron china cnooc cnpc co2 commission-europeenne compressor conocophillips consommation cpdp deepwater discovery drilling e-on edf egypt emerson engie engineering eni equinor exxonmobil feed flng flowline fluor fluxys fmc foster-wheeler fpso fsru fugro gabon gas gaz gazprom gazprom-neft gdf-suez ge ghana gnl gouvernement gtt gulf-of-mexico hess ifp india indonesia inpex iraq jacobs jgc kazakhstan kbr keppel licence lng lukoil lundin maersk-drilling malaysia mcdermott mozambique natural-gas nigeria nigeria nord-stream north-sea norway novatek offshore oman omv opec pdvsa pemex petoro petrobras petrofac petronas pgnig pipeline platform qatar qatar-petroleum qatargas raffinerie refinery repsol rig riser rosneft russia rwe saipem santos saudi-aramco schlumberger seadrill shah-deniz shale-gas shell siemens sinopec socar sonangol sonatrach south-stream statoil subsea subsea-7 tap technip technipfmc total transocean tullow turbine ufip uk vallourec vessel vopak well wintershall wood-group woodside



Europétrole © 2003 - 2019